As this is predominately a concept course to help you see buildings better, there are no special materials requirements for this course.
It is recommended that you use the tools and materials that you are most familiar with.
- A medium to hard pencil (HB-2H).
- A fine pen – such as a 0.3 fineliner or fountain pen (EF or F nib) with permanent ink if you plan to add watercolour washes over the top. More about Fountain Pens here.
- Some form of colour (watercolour pencils or watercolour paint or coloured pencils or markers).
- Paper suitable for your choice of medium.
Listing of what Liz will be using during the course
Note: there is no need to use the same materials!
– 0.5mm mechanical pencil with 2H lead
– Faber Castell Albrecht Durer Brown Ochre watercolour pencil
– Lamy Joy (or Safari) with a F nib and De Atramentis Ink
– Stillman and Birn Alpha sketchbooks
– Moleskine Watercolour A4 sketchbook
NOTE: typically working at A4 size
– this range of Faber Castell Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils
More details of Liz’s kit found in the Sketching Tools section of her website.